Sunday, November 13, 2016

Vegan Gravy

I cannot believe I haven't posted this yet!

Just in time for Thanksgiving-- try this once before your big meal-- I bet you will want this on the table.
This is hands down the best gravy I have ever tasted... and I am included meat gravy from before my vegetarian days.
It comes from All Recipes and you can find the original recipe here.
I'd say it makes enough for about 8 people.

  1. Ingredients

    • 1/2 cup oil (avocado, oil, grapeseed)
    • 1/3 cup chopped onion
    • 5 cloves garlic, minced
    • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    • 4 teaspoons nutritional yeast
     
    • 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
    • 2 cups vegetable broth
    • 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

    Directions

    1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce to form a smooth paste. Gradually whisk in the broth. Season with sage, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, stirring constantly, for 8 to 10 minutes, or until thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment