Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Easy Pasta Salad (for school lunches)

When I'm on my game, I make this Sunday night to use in lunches all week.
I usually use whatever veggies I have on hand, but my kids love olives so those are a must each time.
The cost for this is approximately $8 and lasts all week as a"main meal" for packed lunches.



Pasta Salad:
1 lb 365 brand elbows (Could sub quinoa pasta)
1 organic cucumber, diced
1/4 of a rd onion, diced
1 bell pepper (any color), diced
1 can black olives, sliced
1/2 cup manzanilla olives
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp thyme
1/2 cup feta cheese (optional)

Mix above ingredients in large bowl
In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup olive oil and 2 tbsp lemon juice
Pour onto pasta salad and blend thoroughly
Add more oregano and thyme to taste
Enjoy for up to 5 days in the fridge!


No comments:

Post a Comment