Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Lentil Soup

As simple as this is, it's the favorite soup amongst my kids.



It is so filling, so healthy, so tasty, and SO inexpensive!

If you are doing it in the crockpot, just throw all of it in at once and cook on high for 4 hours.

This is the healthiest most inexpensive meal I make.

Recipe by Mark Bittman from How to Cook Everything. -- I adapted it a little bit


I double this recipe:
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 carrot, cut into 1/2 -inch dice
2 celery stalks, cut into 1/2 -inch dice
1 cup lentils, washed and picked over (I use a whole bag 365 brand Green Lentils when I double it)
6 cups water + 2 Rapunzel vegan bullion cubes
1 tbsp thyme
Freshly ground black pepper
Salt

Everything into stock pot and bring to boil, cover and simmer 30 minutes
In cast iron pan, sauce onions and garlic, then add to pot anytime

No comments:

Post a Comment