Saturday, November 18, 2017

Chocolate Pie

I saw this on the Today Show years ago-- maybe around New Year's.

Anyway, I skipped making the crust and just bought a vegan one .

This is SO easy and delicious-- I make 2 pies at once.


It is supposed to be served warm, but I really prefer it chilled:

1 crust (bake it 10 mins)
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup milk (I used almond milk)
8 oz 365 brand chocolate chunks chips
2 eggs, beaten

Heat a pan and add milk & cream.
Once it boils, take it off heat and whisk in the chips till totally melted and mixed.
Add eggs and completely mix in.
Scrape into pie shell and bake at 350 for 15 minutes.  (If it's jiggly in the middle and you want to serve it warm, bake longer-- if you want it chilled, allow it to cool, then chill at least 1 hour.)

1 comment: